Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter 2009

Eating Strawberry Bread Cross Cake was a tradition for us growing up so I decided to keep it going for our little family. Even Maddie was able to eat a bite of it! Here are our attempts at getting a quick picture in before we headed off to church. Maddie was wearing a cute yellow princessy dress and Hudson sported a sweater vest!


Both sets of our parents came down after church for a late lunch/early dinner. Afterwards we had a little egg hunt for Maddie. It was quite a site to have 6 adults standing there all excited and pointing and telling Maddie to get the eggs. I think the practice egg hunt the day before was helpful because she went right out and collected all the eggs like a pro. Then she sat there and opened each one and played with the grass. Hudson woke up as we were finishing up outside so I brought him out so that he could be a part of the pictures.






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such precious pictures! Glad you were able to spend time with the parents. Can you send me the recipe for your strawberry cake? Love & miss you all!!

Casey Martinez said...

Okay, I'm dying to know where you got that huge cross cake pan? I would love to steal...err..borrow your cake tradition! I think that is a fun way of keeping the focus on Christ at Easter time!! Where can I get me a pan? lol. Love these pictures. maddie's dress is so pretty and Hudson is so big already:)!! I miss you guys

carrie said...

oh my gosh- she is too cute!

Danielle said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter! I love Maddie's dresses and her new glasses :) Glad Hudson's doing so well - wish we could come over for a visit; miss you guys!!