We went to a fall festival farm today. Yes, they do have these farms in CA too! We rode behind a tractor on a bed of hay as we took a tour of the farm. Maddie enjoyed climbing the giant haystack with Daddy and adventuring through the hay maze. We didn't try out the "sunflower forest" or do pony rides but maybe next year! We kept trying to get Maddie to hold a baby pumpkin for a picture but she would politely say, "no" and shake her head and walk away from us. She did cooperate with wearing her lion costume so we could take some pictures. I think it helped that she was somewhere with lots of distractions because at home she kept trying to rip off the head piece. She got to meet for the first time some piglets and get up close to a big cow eating some hay. Overall it was a very fun family day. I kept thinking about next year and how there will be 4 of us doing this. Very exciting!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
The Pumpkin Patch
We went to a fall festival farm today. Yes, they do have these farms in CA too! We rode behind a tractor on a bed of hay as we took a tour of the farm. Maddie enjoyed climbing the giant haystack with Daddy and adventuring through the hay maze. We didn't try out the "sunflower forest" or do pony rides but maybe next year! We kept trying to get Maddie to hold a baby pumpkin for a picture but she would politely say, "no" and shake her head and walk away from us. She did cooperate with wearing her lion costume so we could take some pictures. I think it helped that she was somewhere with lots of distractions because at home she kept trying to rip off the head piece. She got to meet for the first time some piglets and get up close to a big cow eating some hay. Overall it was a very fun family day. I kept thinking about next year and how there will be 4 of us doing this. Very exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Maddie you are the cutest lion ever! Now, let me hear that cute little roar of yours!!
I just can't believe how big she is now! And those pictures of baby boy fishy are so awesome. It's so neat to see his features while he is still in your tummy:) Thanks for sharing!
I find something wrong with going to a pumpkin farm in a tang top. But I guess it's kind of like wearing shorts on Christmas Day. Oh, to live in CA! Can't wait to see you next month!
SO adorable! We were almost there at the same time if we weren't un-motivated by all the packing this past weekend! And thanks for putting Maddie in her costume there! I told Mike I wanted to do that with Brayden and he didn't believe me that plenty of people do it to get cute pics of their kiddos ;)! I needing the validation for him! She is the cutest little lion ever, and I agree, I would love to hear her roar!
Maddie stole my costume idea for this year.
Love the pics, so glad you guys are enjoying the fall! Can't wait to see you sometime soon! Love you.
Post a Comment