Friday, January 4, 2008

Big Brown Eyes




Well, take a last look at these big brown eyes because in about a week, they will be seeing through glasses! Yup, glasses at 7 months- it was a shocker to us. A couple days ago we took Madelyn to the opthamologist because she was still occasionally crossing her eyes. They determined that she does not have a crossed eye or lazy eye but rather extreme farsightedness. Her eyes appeared to cross because she was trying so hard to focus them. The dr. said it is 4 times as bad as a baby her age and that she needs to wear glasses all the time (except while she is sleeping and in the bath).


I have definitely gone through mixed emotions about this. I am sad to have this change of wearing glasses forever come on so suddenly. I realized that the glasses will become apart of her face and soon she will no longer look like Madelyn without them. I am thankful we caught it early and that I won't have the trials of transitioning her to glasses as a willful toddler. I was fortunate to find a good brand of frames online that are made for babies. They have flexible plastic and a soft band around the head. They will be good for her at this stage of rolling and face planting into the floor and are supposedly indestructible.


Ben and I are so thankful for Madelyn's health thus far and are thankful she will soon be able to see better. We are looking forward to the positive changes these glasses will bring to Maddie. The glasses come in about a week so we will definitely put up some new pics of little Madelyn.

2 comments:

Noella said...

We are sorry to hear of Maddie's vision, but are so thankful they were able to determine a way in which to help her. We are upholding you in our prayers as you adjust to the changes. I think it is always harder on the parents than the child. She will be the cutest 7 month old little girl in glasses!! We love you all!

Unknown said...

we think you're beautiful, maddie - glasses and all!

it was so good getting to see and talk with you over webcam this morning. thanks for making time for us!