Thursday, January 31, 2008

8 Months Today

Madelyn is 8 months today and getting so close to being able to crawl. We feel like the glasses are having such a positive affect on her development. She seems to be more social with us and strangers and will smile at people when they walk in the door. She also seems to be observing her little buddy, Luke, crawling all over the house and wanting to be more like him. I was anxious for her crawling to begin but now after watching Luke these few weeks with his new freedom of mobility, I am no longer in a hurry for Maddie to be getting into such mischief as well! They are playing so well together now and I just have to monitor that Luke doesn't try to pull her glasses off and mouth them (which has happened several times!).

We just got back from another trip to Mammoth and survived a big storm there! We were with the high school group from our church and had a good time getting to know the students better. I think it snowed 3 feet while we were there. Snow was literally blowing inside our room through the windows and door! Thankfully, all of our cars made it safely down the mountain once the high way opened up the day we left. Madelyn enjoyed having two 15 yr old boys to look at the entire ride home.

We will post some pictures later on when we get some more memory for our computer. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

C.A.F. said...

Aww Maddie! Happy 8 Months!! I can't wait to meet you in May!! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time in Mammoth!

Noella said...

Glad you survived the blizzard! Can't wait to see you in person too Maddie. You'll have all these strange Aunts, Uncles and cousins loving you up...Get ready!

P.S. Get an external hard drive to clear some memory up on the computer.