Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

The kids with Nano and Papa

Hudson rolling the the truck with Papa

Hudson and Daddy patiently awaiting dinner

Aunt Meesch is always ready and available to color with her niece

Maddie helping make her dairy-free mashed potatoes... no butter, no cream.. I don't think she actually ate it but at least she was involved and thought she was eating what we ate.

"The Monkey" in the oven! Maddie saw the turkey cooking for the first time and called it a monkey! We jokingly called it that with her a number of times until I started worrying about what she would think when Nano started carving into it... and then since I have been calling Maddie "monkey" lately (because she acts like one) I began to feel that calling the turkey we were about to eat "monkey" was wrong on several levels. It made for a funny memory at least!

Since today is Christmas Eve, I thought I should finally do a little Thanksgiving post or else I will never get to it! Thank you to all the readers for checking this even though I haven't updated in a while. I am always amazed at the thoughtfulness and creativity of others on their blogs and started feeling that pressure that I need to become that way as well... hence no posting becuase well, being thoughtful and creative takes time and I never seemed to have more than 10 minute chunks of free time these past weeks. So, here we are again- no deep thoughts or revelations, but back to the purpose of why we started this blog... to share pictures with our family and friends and I will keep it at that for now :) Thanks for checking on us and reading through my unedited and hurried run-on sentences! We are thankful for you all!

2 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

pictures are all I need to be a happy blog reader:). Enjoyed all the new ones very much!!

Danielle said...

It's the pictures and little updates we enjoy anyway Melissa :) Thanks for the updates - love seeing all the pictures of the little ones!