Here is what happened to Maddie after eating goldfish crackers a couple weekends ago. We gave her some Benedryl which helped the swelling to go down after a couple hours. I called her doctor's office to let them know what happened and if there is anything else I should do. Basically the nurse tried to tell me this happened because she was coughing too hard from possibly choking on the cracker. Hum?
5 comments:
the poor thing! It looks like an allergic reaction to me, I've never seen someone's eyes become swollen like that from coughing? Did you guys think the same thing? Poor Girl!! Hope she is feeling better!
Oh my - poor Maddie! Yeah - I'm with Laura..that looks like an allergic reaction to me. Since I don't have a kid, all I can compare it to is my baby, but maybe it's the same!!! Sailor had an allergic reaction just recently to something and we woke up the next morning and his eyes were almost swollen shut. We had to give him Benadryl too. Who knows!
Definitely would go with "mother's instinct" over the professional opinion on this one. Poor Maddie! Has that happened before with Gold Fish? We'll be praying for you guys as you continually work through the food allergy issues.
wow! Poor Maddie really does have some crazy allergies. That looks awful. :( awww. Makes me sad but, I'm so glad it went away quickly with some medicine. I wonder why the doctor would give such a pat answer. odd.
Aww, Maddie looks miserable.
Post a Comment