Friday, August 31, 2007

3 Months











Maddie is offically 3 months today. I thought I would take some time to write about her latest accomplishments. She has started laughing which warms my heart every time she does it. She likes to laugh at me when I sing the "Animal ABC's" to her or when Daddy tickle kisses her neck. It is a cute gurggly type of laugh. Once she starts, I will try anything to keep her going but it doesn't last very long.

She is a little sneak at rolling over from her tummy to her back. The first few times she did it, I missed it! I would look over at her lying on the floor and then turn around and the next time I would look back she would be lying there on her back! She does it so quietly.. so sneaky! I have finally seen it though. She needs more practice because she doesn't do it consistently at all.

This past week she has really started "talking" and will just coo and jabber to herself or her toys non-stop. She has the sweetest little voice too!

She continues to sleep through the night every night thanks to the Miracle Blanket! Her day time naps are a hit or miss. She gets the sleep she needs though I guess!

I have started watching my friend's baby named Luke for 2.5 days during the week. He is a few weeks older than Madelyn and is a really sweet boy. I think he and Maddie will enjoy playing together in the future. Right now they just notice each other and get little amused looks on their faces when they notice one another making sounds or flailing his/her arms or legs. I am really enjoying caring for the two babies- it adds a challenge to my week and requires me to keep on schedule which is nice.

There are no doctor appointments for 3 months so I will make a guess at Maddie's weight and length. I measured her at home and it seems like she is still 23 inches- which can't be correct because i am sure she has grown somewhat! She weighs about 12 lbs.

We would also like to wish, "Happy Birthday" to Nano and Grandad!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Cody sent me a link to your blog, and I have to say, he wasn't kidding when he was talking about how adorably cute baby Mattie is! Tell her happy 3 months for me. :) You guys look like such a happy family!