Yes, another baby brother photo! He is definitely an active little boy. In fact, I don't think he sleeps much in the womb because he moves and shakes my belly all day and night! I asked my doctor today if that means he won't be much of a sleeper and he said that yes, there are studies that show that the sleep patterns in the womb do predict how the baby will be out of the womb. So, I am going to prepare for very little sleep come Feburary and pray that the miracle blanket will work its magic like it did with Maddie.
I had a check up today and everything is seems great. We get to have an ultrasound on Friday just to make sure he is the right size and everything looks ok. We are leaning more towards one name now but it is not for sure yet. I did end up telling a checker at Trader Joe's the two names we liked and he picked the name we are leaning towards. It is nice to have some little feedback. So, to my sisters who are dying to know his name, you just have to travel out here to Trader Joe's and find that checker and maybe he will let you know what it is :)
I must add, this photo was taken about a month ago.. so imagine with Thanksgiving dinner, desserts, and more weeks of growth how big my belly is now!
Maddie update: She has started saying more words- truck, walk, bup (for up), book, duck and some more that I still can't make out. She finally made 20 lbs at her 18 month appointment on Monday and has fallen under the 5th percentile growth curve. Our doctor doesn't see anything to worry about so I try not to as well but it doesn't help that she has become quite the picky eater and says "no" to most everything I try to feed her! There is no success in force feeding I have learned, so I just have to take my doctor's advice that no children starve themselves and she will eventually start eating again. She is so sweet and asks for her dada every morning when I get her out of her room and looks for him in the house if he is not here. It is such a gift to be her mom and be with her each day. Well, that's it for tonight!
4 comments:
That picture cracks me up...you can tell she already loves her baby brother.
Clarie does the same thing in the mornings. She always says, "dada?" and then she will say, "shhh" becasue she thinks he is still in our room sleeping. Kids, they are so funny.
Sorry to say that I am in complete agreement with your doctor. Personalities are felt in the womb and boys are definitely different than girls! Get ready for a fun ride! We love all the pics and can't wait to get some new cousin pics too. See you soon.
I think you have such a beautiful belly Melissa! Can't wait to see it in person in just a few days! Yeah!
Oh my goodness!! So cute!! That is such a sweet picture. Looks like she is looking forward to having a sibling. It makes such a difference in their life! Congratulations again!!!
Post a Comment