Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Not sleeping to Sleeping!!

Everything has changed since the day the "miracle blanket" arrived in the mail. A few days before, a nurse from the hospital called here to talk about how things are going and I explained to her how for the past week and a half, Maddie was only sleeping about 7 hours in a 24 hour period. She told me to order this blanket and try it out. It's basically a swaddle blanket with extra material to wrap the arms inside and there is no chance for any baby to get out of it. The first night, Maddie went 7 hours sleeping in a row using the blanket! The next day she was able to take naps like the babies I read about in books! It has now been over a week of this pattern and I am wondering if I am getting closer to the much desired "schedule" moms tell me about.


Today she made a new vocalization of "ah goo" instead of just "ah ah ahh" and "oo oo" which made me very excited! Now I can see how every mom seems to think these little developments are so worth mentioning- it is so neat to see your daughter growing and developing and taking more and more steps forward... and it seems to be going so quickly!


She is also reacting to our smiles and will just smile and coo at us when we put our face up close to hers and act very excited and talk in high voices. We keep trying to capture it on camera but all the photos don't seem to get the smiles at their best.

She has her 2 month doctors appointment with shots coming up! That's about it. She has become quite an easy baby now that she is sleeping through the night! Now we have to tackle the whole taking naps during the day business!

1 comment:

MrsMKincaid said...

Aww guys! She just keeps getting even more beautiful and I didnt even know that was possible!!!! YOU dont even look like you have had a baby Melissa!! I am so glad she is sleeping more thanks to that blanket! What a great invention! Take care!